PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Divert Time. Que?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2005, 09:29
TAC On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SM4 Pirate

Not having a personal go. Please consider.

if you get me you won't have any of the scenarios you suggested; I'll tell you to hold first, including where; I'm working everything from that point; because MAESTRO told me so.
Great. IF you tell me that is where you want a DT from.

If you ask me for a DT from a particular point, different story. Ask for any particular time and I will do my best to give it to you.
To me the LDT is time you tell me you need to be inbound or you're going elsewhere.
The time/calculation you nominate in your example is a DT from the hold but it is not an LDT. Internationally it is referred to as an EFC, or in this case a Latest EFC.
Do you guys use EFC? I have never heard in SYD but have heard and used it many times O/S. Mr Honeywell and I think Mr Collins seem to think its the universally accepted phraseology.
For the reasons previously suggested, re non native english speakers, it could only enhance the working environment for all.

If I'm holding you at 250 SY and you give me your estimate for last diversion time from the field fence, how is this helping?
I'ts telling you that if you can't get me to the church by that time you will be standing on your own cos I've got leave town THEN. However if you have told me you want me to give you a DT from 250, the question never arises.

But after 20 years providing said 'service' it's never come up as a problem.
'Fraid that doesn't cut it. Up til the time a Avianca 720 hit the water in New York after running out of fuel, no one realised there was a possible problem in communicating low fuel/ no fuel status. The fact that for the previous 20 years it had not posed a problem didn't save them.

Keg.
Elektra has put it far more eloquently than I. I would just add that basically it would have to change from closed to VFR in that time, if its anything less than VFR, most regulatory authorities I know of require that the alternate remain intact to the landing. If you hold beyond the Latest EFC you are toast, as far as the destination is concerned.

TO