PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "real" Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2005, 07:42
ifleeplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good at their job means exactly that they ARE good at their job...the safety records prove that. They are not being asked to do anything but their job. They are well trained to deal with emergencies should they occur, and in the past they have dealt with them admirably. Show me the accident statistics that prove that isnt true. I can show you many accidents what were perpetrated by flight crews with tens of thousands of hours between them. Can you give me examples of where these 'inexperienced' crews have done worse? No I doubt it.

I have flown with hugely experienced Captains who are c**p and I have flown with FOs with little over 3000 hours who are excelent. It is dependant on the person concerned. The upgrades are NOT rubber stamps, just because they guy has 3000 hours doesnt get him a command. It gets him a shot at command IF HE IS READY, if he passes then good luck to him/her.

It doesnt sound to me like many of the people on this thread are showing the maturity that is reguired of command themselves, be they 25 or 55, maturity is not just a consiquence of age.

Once again more sour grapes.....what was wrong one season too much for you? Miss the ILS and 10000 ft runways each end? Nows there's experience for you