PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "real" Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2005, 05:00
Bart O'Lynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone mentioned "good at their job". Notice the singular. The problem lies in that they are indeed good at their job which at that stage of their career consists of alot of MCP button pushing experience on one type in one operation and apeing the people next to them. Flying a few visuals here and there is not experience. Having flown for ryr for a season and returned to my own mob i can safely say it is easy to become good and efficient doing the same thing everyday. Until an objective person assesses you in a different enviroment and emergency again and the whole thing starts to make sense. Its a self perpetuating necessary system so they will of course all be good at their job. Again Singular, again operating a highly automated aircraft as they were shown to do. These people are getting praise , commands and having accolades heaped upon thenm at exactly the experience levels proven to be high risk brackets for all the above reasons. The arrogance of this company and its supporters will have to be reconciled someday. Lets hope not but cest la vie.
Unfortunately i know lots of dead pilots who were always great pilots, real stars, heard all the eulogies. except they are dead.All bush jockies, rising stars but thankfully not taking 189 with them.