PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 17:32
billkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wcj,

if you want a diplomatic answer for the interview.... i would say...it would indirectly affect SIA in a sense that with the recent increase in air fares, people who are on a budget would definitely go for other options. But I believe that SIA would not compromise it's excellent service and professionality to cut air fares as it actually already has a niche market of travellers that would travel with SIA. As this is rise is due to oil market forces, other sectors are also affected. This also shows the confidence SIA has and how stable it is....etc etc etc.....bull **** all the way.

in actual fact,
it doesn't really affect. SIA is known to be one of the higher class airlines and more expensive too. For those who fly SIA would fly with SIA. A few dollars won't make any difference. If people were looking for budget travel and with the hike in air prices, they would not even choose to fly SIA in the first place. It has been known SIA isn't competing for the dollar fares with other airlines. It is using it's branding and image to compete instead.

That also relates to the A380 thing that SIA is marketing...to be the first to fly it and making a big hoohaa about it. The layout of the plane has been very secretive within the company too. It's all about the branding and with the delayed delevery, SIA would suffer losses as it would still have to continue marketing it and etc.

It\'s all about the waiting game ain\'t it....sometimes patience pays off. SIA having an intake now.... after this it will be a slow period till next year when the next batch goes off. It happens around the same time every year.
MAS I am not too sure when they have a massive intake. But normally they would not clash with SIA or else they will end up taking SIA rejects.