PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss Of Pressurization At High Altitude
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 17:06
AeroTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thank you Mike for your post.
Old Smokey, I didn't get your answer I am still waiting

In addition to the questions regarding the loss of the pressurization (I expected many answers, but I get only one ), here are others questions, but please don't disappoint me)

How air is provided for the passengers and flight crew at safe altitude? (how the aircraft get air for the ventilation or from which air inlet ?). An open outflow valve will be an air outlet for the ventilation

How air is provided during an unpressurized ferry flight, without oxygen, and engines operating of course? (this question is not the same context of the subject since engines are operating)

I am asking these 2 last questions, because it seems that Boeing aircrafts are not fitted with a ram air scoop which can provide air for ventilation if the bleed air is not available or 2 packs are not operating (Airbus aircrafts are fitted with these scoops).

In case of cabin smoke, I read somewhere that the sliding windows in the cockpit and the cabin doors can be opened (slightly and aircraft depressurized) to clear smoke in certains Boeing aircrafts (I don't know about Airbus aircrafts), is this true? is this procedure applied for aircraft ventilation?

Any feedback is very appreciated.
Thank you.
Best regards.