PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping and long haul
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 15:01
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aaaaaa,
I think you need to get your facts a tad more accurate, the sleeper service is only available on certain "short" longhaul flights, flights which are generally under 7 hours such as most of the US east coast, Bermuda (although not totally on this route as the lounge in bermuda is unable to provide meals), and Middle Eastern routes!
You will not be sitting bored on a 10 hour flight, Im just back from Barbados and we provided a full meal service in club on a flight whcih was only 7:30 hours. The Sleeper Service was introduced due to customer demand. Ba plaud themselves on providing the best nights sleep in business class (Leave that debate to another thread please!!!LOL) and passengers who book these seats buy them simply to get some sleep before a busy day at the office in london after arrival! The service has been very popular I rarely hear anyone complain, I certainly dont have as many complaints as i did from passengers trying to sleep when we had the lights on serving everyone else a full meal!!!