PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL at Oxford Aviation
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2005, 22:08
John Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I believe I can be of more help than the people earlier. What a load of rubbish 15-24 months to get you first break, This happened for the unfortunate people who trained after 9/11. The problem was Oxford and the student were in a very difficult situation. Oxford have changed a huge amount, much more student orientated, to keep in with the modern way airline students are training. These people who bitch about Oxford are bitter because they were the unlucky people who chose to train around or after 9/11.

The APP student have an average `get a job rate` of about 5-6 months, that’s all. I myself was an APP graduate 3 months ago and start my type rating for BACX on Monday. Nearly all of my course are either waiting to start employment or going thought the process. APP is doing very well, look at there website to see the figures, and they now offer Thomas cook and Excel Sponsorships, which is a high recommendation to Oxford and its APP product.

I know a few APP student who are in employment with JET2, Astraeus, GB Airways, BACX and FLYBE who are in there late 30's.

Don’t believe all what you read on the bitching networks! but follow what you believe is right for you. There isn’t a better chance in my opinion to train and get aviation jobs now, the market is very good.

But as im sure your aware, there are a lot of people who the airlines have `missed out`, the people just after 9/11 until about 1 year ago, its a shame buts that’s the nature of the beast.

I enjoyed every second at Oxford, and knowing what I know now, I would do it all again, no hesitations at all. Very helpful staff and a fantastic environment where everyone is so eager to help, and learn. Its inspiring. My opinion is that the APP is the way forward, even places like CTC had to follow the APP's example and do the `wings` thing!

But this is my opinion from a very satisfied Oxford Customer

Good luck with the decision

John