PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working for EK
Thread: Working for EK
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2005, 17:31
LHR Rain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I of course don't blame the company for the traffic in DXB but it is just one more negative aspect of living in Dubai. Some improvements could be done to the infrastructure but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

Exactly what has changed in my contract?
Are you kidding me? The pay and credit system (it was in the FOM), the terms and conditions are the big items (also FOM). This has probably resulted at the time with a 20% to 25% pay cut. Your figures may vary but please let us all know. The bidding system but I guess that is not a contractable item. Ruserious has put it a lot more eloquently than I ever could.

"Furthermore, it may be necessary from time to time to work such reasonable additional hours as the Company may direct, in accordance with the Company's FTDL which are published in the FOM." Yes we are all slaves in one way or another but the factoring, working two pilots to a lot of destinations, and for most pilots working 18 days a month for 95 hours is not what we signed up for. We all know that some of the FTDL that were published would be very illegal in Europe. The company with help from Flt Ops changes anything it wants with no checks and balances. Certainly not from you in the office to say NO!

How did you move into mangement so quickly? I guess if I had the attitude you do I could make the move as well. It is time for you and your co-hearts to right the ship. It is up to you. How many captains resigned to go back to S.A. this week? That is only the tip of the iceberg. Contrary to what EK Wife writes on this board I am not in the minority for the pilot group. Maybe vocal but certainly not the minority. Change this company for the better, PLEASE! Stop defending and start acting, we all want you to before it is too late. I look forward to your reply and your actions.