PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting your 'Wings' 2005 style? (Recruiting homosexuals to the military)
Old 1st Sep 2005, 14:10
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
I applaud Heliport for having the courage to allow such a thread on Rotorheads. The topic under discussion is timely, of value, and serves a good purpose. Any rational discussion of controversial issues proves interesting and as long as opposite viewpoints can be considered for their merits and those arguing their views can remain polite and respect the other person's right to their opinion, there is no reason we should not have similar threads in the future.

As Heliport knows, I hold different views than he on some other sensitive issues that are forbidden topics here at pprune, but I still respect him greatly despite our having opposed views. I would suggest anyone that thinks Heliport is remiss in his responsibilities as a Moderator here....surely misses the point of why the thread exists.

No one is obliged to engage in discourse here....if you do not like the topic....move on to one that does interest you.

Heliport has done an admirable job of moderating Rotorheads and serves as an example to other Mods here at pprune. I just wish some others could learn from him as it would make other forums much more enjoyable.

We do not have to agree folks....if we did it would be a very dull world to live in. We do have to allow others to offer their opinions even if we do not agree with them. Take issue with the concepts and thoughts offered...but show the courtesy of allowing them to speak without resorting to impolite behaviour in your response.

Keep after it Heliport....you got my vote and support.

(I prefer Theakstons if you please!)