PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's all kick the cr@p of the Metro thread
Old 1st Sep 2005, 13:47
23 Metros In a Row

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Let's all kick the cr@p of the Metro thread

We have all heard the names and snide remarks.

San Antonio sewer pipe, Death Pencil, Meatro …… yeah yeah

However, a better more suited aircraft for the Australian regional market I cannot find.

Yes, a Q400,Q300, even Saab 340B et al are reasonable gear for a 30 seat port, but the 19 seat operators have a bone yard cemetery full of aircraft types that well just could not cut the job out like my namesake.

The Metro has carried more Australians to and from regional centres than any other aircraft. Moved more mega TNT tones of boxes than any other. All done (not so) quietly and efficiently with a minimum of fuss.

And all without a death that can be reasonably be attributed to the aircraft, its certification or ability. Australian Metro deaths have come from poor judgement of the smallest of small minority who fcked up bigtime.

No failing crankshafts. No “self” destructing props. No poorly designed fuel system.

Ah yeah-as, then the Heckle and Jeckle of Dunnunder, Gaunty and swh will scream the certification boogy man will hang, draw and quarter all the passengers who dare to look the beast between the eyes! Well, they have more words than Tolstoy and a better grasp of life saving certification requirements than the FAA and JAR put together (hell they tell the FAA and JAR how to certify). But all their commentary is grounded by the proof in the pudding………..aviation survival.

And Before You Start……. I am not the “God” referred to in other posts. V1 cuts in Metros are for clowns. A mate of mine proved that to us all years ago.

It has been suggested in another thread that we (in jest) kick off a lets kick the crap out of the Metro thread.

Well in Jest maybe, but I know for a fact that some want the free kick.

Well I say…………………BRING EM ON. Your “we hate the Metro’s harka” does not scare me.

Go ahead, have a swing. Go on, I dare you. You soft belly Beech/”M”Braer boofheads. Swing at me. Have a go you mugs……………..