PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working for EK
Thread: Working for EK
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2005, 11:46
Global Nomad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Heathrow,

I don't disagree with all that you write but you make the following claim about the disillusioned, and I presume you include yourself in that morbid bunch.
The disillusioned pilots tend to back up their feelings with facts......
So because pilots feel bad, they back it up with facts? What came first the chicken or the egg?

Exactly what has changed in your contract?

Don't bother answering, I'll tell you. Nothing.

Has policy changed? Yes, but unfortunately a company has the right to change any policy that is non contractual. Most of EK policy is non contractual. An example, "Hours of Work"

Working hours are established in accordance with the operational requirements of the company. You will be required to work such hours and on such days as directed by the company's duty roster. Furthermore, it may be necessary from time to time to work such reasonable additional hours as the Company may direct, in accordance with the Company's FTDL which are published in the FOM.

In other words, you have to work when they say, including a day off.

On the subject of DEC's;

Totally disagree with it but my opinion doesn't count because it's not in my contract.

Has the company ever hired DEC's in the past, present, future? Yes, yes, probably.

The point I make, is that anyone accepting any position should understand the contract that they are signing.

I hate the driving to, but I don't blame the company.

I am not disillusioned simply because I know what I signed when I came, neither am I from a 3rd world or recently arrived.

Should I find a better contract (and that's all we are on), then I will assess it and make an informed decision.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my life, especially when I get to debate with the likes of Heathrow, he just has so much 'feeling'.