PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I never knew God flew Metros
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2005, 07:48
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swh you seem particularly determined to miss the point, it's not about about how much you or I know or which iteration of what, it's about the passengers and what the Govet/regulator determine on their behalf

The only thing that a passenger needs to know is
what you decide is acceptable????

is that and aircraft that was CFAR41 certified, was done so because the certification process was cheaper.
close but no cigar.

You should know that FAR23/25 requirements and their ancestors aren't just about TO and EFATO performance otherwise why go to all the trouble and make the distinction.

Other historic regulations are also kept.
this isn't about the way we used to do things but the way we do now. Otherwise why keep developing better technology and as suggested in another thread why those airlines who haven't kept up are at threat. Oh I know the Australain outback is different.

Seen it in the CASA procedures manuals that is given to CASA and industry delegates for CoA issue
that may be so but it is one of the better kept secrets in Australia.
Ask my clients how they feel about it and why they are prepared to spend real money on the bruited alternatives.

Seems like we must defend the status quo at all costs and maintain Oz aviation in it's 60's mentality time warp.

I was in a lunch bar the other day talking to a CASA bloke I haven't seen for many many moons. The subject of a particular relatively new leading edge and very succesful and established type of aircraft came up.
I was treated to chapter and verse as to why he personally felt it was no good and could not possibly ever be a commercial success and if he was making the decisions blah blah blah.
Point is, he is not, it is not for him to make beyond his statutory obligations, the decisions have already been made by far more competent regulators than he, the market nationally and internationally has already made its thumbs up judgement in spades, but we expect it will be a rocky road with the locals. A gentle probe reveals little depth of knowledge beyond the application of local regs.

A wise man once asked me "is the person you are following following you"?