Old 1st Sep 2005, 04:57
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swh

Yeah I know but;
that’s the Australian category
is precisely my point.

I don't recall ever being asked by the regulator of the Governement of the day at the time whether I thought it was a good idea or the passengers being advised of the fundamental differences in design and certification rules. Simply declaring it Transport category without any qualification just doesn't make it so.

we don’t say that they should stop flying, even if they are very noisy.
then why do we keep upping the ante on motor car compliance rules.

The new CAO 20.7.1b Commuter rules even refers to SFAR 41 which no longer exists in the pantheon of FAA regulation.

I happen to have a copy but I'll bet you wont find one easily on their site and certainly not on the CASA site unless they have have put it up recently.

Neither is there any explanation generally available anywhere in the Australian rules of the basis of their certification decisions save their reference to the original countries certification.

Last time I looked it was 2005 and we were First world country in most respects.

JetA_OK freight maybe, but what are they going to do with them in 2010.
I'm not disputing they were an aircraft for their time, that was then, this is now, it's been time to move on for too long. My advice is, if the market on the US is still hot for em, now is the time to unload and move up whilst you still have your teeth.