PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting your 'Wings' 2005 style? (Recruiting homosexuals to the military)
Old 1st Sep 2005, 04:07
The Rotordog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's ironic, straight guys say they hate it when gay guys throw their gayness up in everyone's faces. But straight guys do just that all the time. They're always strutting around, bragging about their latest sexual conquest, or making raunchy comments about a particular girl's attributes. Not to mention the fact that every straight guy seems to want to have sex with just about EVERY girl he sees and never fails to mention this. Why is that? Why do straight guys have to announce and reaffirm their straightness all the time?

Among other straight males, this is considered quite "normal" and accepted behavior. But no, you don't want me to throw *my* sexuality up in your face. How about returning the favor? Oh, but that's different.

The other strange thing is that some consider being gay a choice. We only need to turn that around and ask the straight people among us, did you choose to be straight? Could you really choose to be otherwise? If not, why do you assume a gay male makes that choice.

Yes, I am gay and I am a pilot. You would never know it if I did not tell you, and I do not tell you if it is none of your business. I have to put up with endless insulting fag-jokes. Pilots are a homophobic group.

I have been in situations where I showered and shared bathrooms with other, unsuspecting(!) males. Through some gargantuan effort of self-control on my part, I have managed to not molest any of them. No propositions or come-ons either. But it is curious that so many supposedly "straight" men feel so paranoid and threatened. Is the word "no" in your vocabulary? Do you know how to use it? Or...is it that you perhaps think that you might be powerless to resist? I have been propositioned by many women already, sometimes quite vigorously! I just smile and say "no thanks." I do not take insult or threaten them with bodily harm or arrest. You see I'm comfortable in my sexuality.

I have no idea why people are straight or gay. I only know what I am, and I know that I did not have a choice in the matter. And I also know that our prejudices, biases and beliefs are mainly handed down to us by our parents. Some we question, others we don't. It's easy to claim that homosexuality is a crime against nature, but there is little strong evidence to support that claim. Aside from purely personal feelings, objections to homosexuality come, primarily, from the Bible and our Christian-based society. But what if I do not subscribe to your Bible? Or any Bible for that matter? That might sentence me to hell after I die, but how should that affect how I'm treated in this life?

If I was a straight guy, I'd wish every other male on the planet was gay. More women for me!

P.S. to Chairmanofthebored: The thread title clearly indicates it is about recruiting gays in the military. You did not have to click on it, nor did you have to read every post. ...Or did you?