PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines/China Airlines F/O, (update)-Merged Twice!.
Old 31st Aug 2005, 20:21
pitotman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAL

I joined CAL in May of last year....I came with 1700 on the 744 and (6500TT) and was promised a cruise command after one year only to have the policy changed to two years. They also promised me Captain after three years......I have resigned and the list of guys leaving is stacked higher than the bull**** these guys will tell you to come to CAL......Bottom line is if you have a job that is paying you a reasonable amount of money, then stay the hell away from here..... The whole company is miserable.........everyone is tired and job satisfaction is none existent..... I hate to say this but I am predicting an accident at CAL in the next two years..........due to fatigue and lack of training. The bottom line is the whole culture is out of whack.......they upgrade local guys over expats when most of the locals have not even had 300 landings.........Jesus I did three hundred landings my first year out of university in the bush. If it was not for airbus and Boeing redundancy these guys would be smoking holes in the ground left right and centre......they had a guy drop it on in the states (HARD LANDING) last month twice and not write it in the log book and he is still a captain.......

5 year Captain.........don't be in a rush to fly the 744 it is a joke of an airplane to fly and you will not get more than one or two sectors a month.....its just not worth it.