PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting your 'Wings' 2005 style? (Recruiting homosexuals to the military)
Old 31st Aug 2005, 15:48
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emergov
"bigots - that's means intolerant and close-minded, for all you rednecks out there - on this forum.
A bigot is someone who's prejudiced in their views and intolerant of the opinions of others. eg You're so convinced your view is right that you're intolerant of people expressing a different view, and even resort to calling them rednecks.
Is it bigoted to express disapproval of behaviour of any sort? Are we required to keep an open mind about everything if we are to avoid being accused of bigotry?

vortexstate
I've tried to see how what Bronx said can reasonably be (mis)interprereted as suggesting that all perverts are gay. He said nothing of the sort.

I'm interested in your 21st Century point. Are you suggesting that new is necessarily better? Should people change their views because they're told their existing views are no longer politically correct? Are all long-established standards of behaviour necessarily wrong?
What does "lingering in denial" mean? People whose opinions aren't in line with what they are now told they should think?

"no tolerance for their neighbour"
Are you perhaps confusing tolerance with approval? I can tolerate people doing all sorts of things even though I don't approve of what they do.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 31st Aug 2005 at 16:12.