PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I never knew God flew Metros
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2005, 11:39
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Watch

Who are you to deem this proceeder "dangerous" when you haven't flown the type...... just plane ignorant!
most professional pilots that I know would in ANY type.

V1 cuts belong to Transport Category aircraft there is no such requirement Normal or Commuter types;

PART 23—AIRWORTHINESS STANDARDS: NORMAL, UTILITY, ACROBATIC, AND COMMUTER CATEGORY AIRPLANES
Subpart B—Flight
Performance

§ 23.53 Takeoff performance.
(a) For normal, utility, and acrobatic category airplanes, the takeoff distance must be determined in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section, using speeds determined in accordance with §23.51 (a) and (b).

(b) For normal, utility, and acrobatic category airplanes, the distance required to takeoff and climb to a height of 50 feet above the takeoff surface must be determined for each weight, altitude, and temperature within the operational limits established for takeoff with—

(1) Takeoff power on each engine;

(2) Wing flaps in the takeoff position(s); and

(3) Landing gear extended.

(c) For commuter category airplanes, takeoff performance, as required by §§23.55 through 23.59, must be determined with the operating engine(s) within approved operating limitations.

[Doc. No. 27807, 61 FR 5185, Feb. 9, 1996]

§ 23.66 Takeoff climb: One-engine inoperative.
For normal, utility, and acrobatic category reciprocating engine-powered airplanes of more than 6,000 pounds maximum weight, and turbine engine-powered airplanes in the normal, utility, and acrobatic category, the steady gradient of climb or descent must be determined at each weight, altitude, and ambient temperature within the operational limits established by the applicant with—

(a) The critical engine inoperative and its propeller in the position it rapidly and automatically assumes;

(b) The remaining engine(s) at takeoff power;

(c) The landing gear extended, except that if the landing gear can be retracted in not more than seven seconds, the test may be conducted with the gear retracted;

(d) The wing flaps in the takeoff position(s):

(e) The wings level; and

(f) A climb speed equal to that achieved at 50 feet in the demonstration of §23.53.

[Doc. No. 27807, 61 FR 5186, Feb. 9, 1996]
If the silly dumb bugger wants to play airlines then I'll lend him my FlightSim 2005 and he can go polish his ego there and play with crashing his computer.

You will run out of controls long before the published Vmca.
Eeeerm not quite sure where you're coming from there old chap? Mutually exclusive is a term we learnt at school.

So if you are saying this is one serioulsy dangerous dude of an aircraft which it would be under those circs, then how did it get a certified Vmca with those characteristics.

Most properly designed aircraft have a Vs above Vmca. If it;s not so then it's because the design has been stretched beyond reason, which in this case IMHO it has.