PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easy rostering department causing sickness
Old 31st Aug 2005, 07:06
Map_Shift

Location: Where do I live? Very close to BHX actually Carolyn ... hint, hint.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also needed an RDO for a wedding. Having not used any of my quota, AND not having any other leave allocated between May and October, I foolishly thought that it would be granted unless I heard otherwise.

Silly me.

Like you krisskross, instead of a Day Off, easyJet rostered a block of days away form base - presumably to rule out a one-off sicky. Sadly, after roster publication and realisation of the unfolding nightmare (family harmony severly affected) and despite the efforts of the Base Manager and Intermediate Crewing, the damage was already done and no way of changing it was possible. Leave Administrator - thanks a bunch!

The 'Joint easyJet and BALPA Collective Crewing and Rostering Protocol' describes how Guaranteed Days Off (GDO's) can be booked, quote, "for special occasions throughout the year". I feel that the Company reneged on this clause.

Item 10 of the same document states -

"easyJet pilots will extend to the Company all reasonable goodwill to secure OTP blah blah blah . . . Discretion should be considered favourably blah blah blah"

Well, you can probably imagine my line of thinking on that matter!