PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2005, 06:00
NeoDude

Hello, NATS Application.

Hi folks,

I just stumbled onto this forum by accident and it looks like a good place to hang out.

I have recently applied for NATS training and I am awaiting a date for aptitude tests. The posts on this forum have been a great help in letting me know what to expect so thanks for that. I have a few more questions about the NATS course and if anybody in the know could answer them I would be very grateful.

Aptitude test day: I was planning on wearing a shirt & tie. Will this be acceptable or will it give off the impression that I'm trying to hard?

Interviews: Is more knowledge better? I have a book which I could study endlessly from now until I get an interview. Will this be a waste of time or will the extra knowledge give me an advantage? Also should I mention that I have been a Captain for BA-Virtual and a Virtual Controller on Vatsim? or would they consider that just a stupid sad game? lol.

Medical: I am not the fittest chicken in the freezer and I am slightly overweight which I am currently addressing (Lost 1/2 stone last week). I also smoke which I intend to give up once the weight issue is taken care of. What are the standards regarding weight and fitness level at the medical? Will smoking be an issue?

Training: I have a wife and a 4 month old son. I would be planning on taking them both with me to Bournemouth should I be successful. Has anybody else who has done this got any advice regarding housing, benifits etc. Is it a common thing for trainees to have a family in tow? I guess what I'm hoping for is other people in the same situation so that my dear wife doesn't get lonely

What are the chances that I will get my preferred discipline/posting? In my case I hope to do the Aerodrome/Approach course and get a posting to Edinburgh (EGPH). I am willing to go anywhere and do anything however. I would imagine that the majority of trainees are from south of the border, does this mean that Scottish positions are easier to get into?

Hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for any advice

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by NeoDude; 2nd Sep 2005 at 08:01.