PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No F111 or Roulettes for Riverfire....
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2005, 05:07
Daedal_oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the organisers have to do is provide the insurance and they get all those expensive things for free. Is that too much to ask?

I have seen a claim from a farmer who owned the chook that lays golden eggs. I seem to recall a claim for in excess of $10 000 for one "prize" rooster that expired as a result of a helicopter operating from a RAAF Base at an authorised altitude (NB 1000 feet) in accordance with an airways clearance. The chook must have heard the flugal dampner backfiring or the spetzner valve opening and just fell off the perch (or nest). For 10 000 dollars he must have been mating with every hen in the shed 37 times a day. (Stamina that great has not been seen since complaints were received about the noise eminating from the Navy clearance diver 'engaging' his girlfriend in the communal swimming pool for a marathon seven hour sex sesh. Seems the complainant couldn't sleep at all during the night. Bloody hero, if you ask me. Not sure how much the 57 year old spinster got for that one but I digress...)

Just goes to show that there are plenty of people willing to capitalise (profit) from military operations which are seen as an easy touch-up in this pc environment.