PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 30th Aug 2005, 22:09
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i rarely post on here guys simply because if you have a moderate view you are seen to be weak, and if you have a hardline view you are a union official for god's sake!!

i have just come back from a trip and from what i see, most crew are very concerned about job security most of all. after all the fuss about the los angeles hotel they are now worried about moving out despite the fact that the union and Qantas was harrasssed about it 24/7 when we moved there.

Its scares the **** out of me to be honest that crew are all over the place on every issue. Punch ups in crew rooms etc the tension is terrible.

I heard a rumour this morning when i got home from a trip that XMAS drinks are going to be cancelled and that Kylie is going to cancel crew drink purchases on the aircraft because of the brawl in LA and JAPAN.

Also i have heard from a very reliable sourse that the London crew will not getting their seniority when they come back (IF THEY COME BACK). The person that told me that little tudbit said that the Union was opposed to them getting seniority and infact its not in the EBA like management promised????????

I am goinng to ring the Union today to confirm this stuff. Just a comment on the "debate" in here....no one is talking about it up the track at all guys!!

It seems tragically we are the only ones in a lather about anything at all.

I am not going to comment on whether the FAAA is doing a good job or not coz to be honest i just dont know. I guess the proof will be how long we still have jobs for.

As far as conditions are concerned though, the last EBA didnt see any trade offs as far as i can see. Bid System still there, allowances still paid in cash etc..

I know that there is a lot of fuss in here about the NYC sector, but from my perspective its only one sector out of all the others that comply with the EBA .

I am going to suggest to the FAAA that if the dispensation goes ahead that they should get guarantees about the SFO/YVR flying that it must go to long haul crew and not overseas based crew. Who knows with 20yrs plus i might even get one if the slots are all for aussie based crew???