PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting your 'Wings' 2005 style? (Recruiting homosexuals to the military)
Old 30th Aug 2005, 17:17
danflybe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant really believe what I have just read. I have never heard such nonsense in my life (with the exception of a few balanced comments)

The Gay/Cancer comparison has to be the most awful. You see people who are homosexual as suffering from a terminal illness? Or are you still of the opinion that it can be 'treated'? Just not with chemo like a cancer but with electric shock therapy. What age are you people living in? Are doctors searching for a cure to homosexuality - i think not - because its not an illness, it a very small part of someones personality.

I personally do not feel the need for some people to make such a spectacle of themselves on such marches and I am gay. Infact it is a bit cringeworthy. But after so many years of persecution and bigoted views from some areas of the community can you understand why people would want to say they are not ashamed of who they are?

Some of you are pilots and I imagine you must have an awful time working with us gay stewards (and infact some of your colleagues on the flight deck I should imagine) with the attitudes you show on here.