PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "real" Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2005, 15:15
Flyingsand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROKAPE :

The 25 YO's do not have 180 people behind them. The 25 YO's are required to 'damage' people/assets. Big difference.

Im an f/o at the moment approaching 3000hrs jet time at the age of 24 (and approaching command if I choose to take it) I have a few experiences of flying with captains younger than myself. Making the combined age of the flight deck at the time 44-46 year old. In my short few years of doing the job, with 180+ pax behind us I can honestly say I have far more confidence in the younger captains that are about, than some of the older ones. The guys who get command at a stereotypical young age are VERY VERY good at their job. Some of the older ones are far past their prime and are only there becasue of their past experience not their current skill/decision making abilities.

Age is NOT comeasurate with job proficientcy!! I do try to avoid flying with the captains who have a mindset of Rokape who think they are hollier than thou. Although correcting their mistakes is a most entertaining method of getting them to shut up.

Rokape, how would you act if you had to fly in the right hand seat with a young captain ??? (if you are yourself a captain) Would you refuse due to his age??? In our company you'd be out on your RS if you did.