PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60 Battle vs ALPA
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2005, 14:15
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's rather easy to be 'hard' when it comes to the troubles of others. Most of the folks who aspire to hardness end up screaming like wounded faggots (and here I am merely quoting that great, unacknowledged American author, William S. Burroughs, himself of that persuasion) when themselves meeting a little trouble in life.

I would bet that General Queseda, Rtd, probably spoke of that original decision to impose an age limit as 'hard'. You know, in the way that sacking some poor soul with a wife and three kids is 'hard'.

I would assume that one such as this LHR Rain has in mind as fallback Plan A simply to move into management, for which he would seem to be amply qualified. All those hard decisions come easy when it just makes things hard for others, I imagine. There is an even more popular saying than that one about the torch, namely, 'Look out for Number One!' that may rule such a mind.

Just curious of course, but just how old are you, LHR Rain? I am almost 58, of course but you are out of your teens, I assume? I just want to get a fuller picture of you than your postings so far have offered, since you seem to be a rather unique personality. I hope you don't take my question as impertinent, unless you prize impertinence. It is a rather youthful thing, impertinance, like a squirt of fresh-squeezed lemon juice in the eye, hmmm?