PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay As You Dine has emptied the Dining Room(Of diners)
Old 30th Aug 2005, 11:26
Stax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAYD

I am reading a lot from fans of PAYD about 5h1t food in the messes prior to the contractors taking over. All joking apart gents you are obviously not, nor ever have been part of the catering/bar organisation. Over the years I have worked, part time, in various messes, Officers and Sgts in particular and I can assure you the Chefs try damned hard to give the customers a high standard of food, on no more than (approx) £2.50 a day. Contractors are interested in one thing, profit, to that end why should they bother to try and serve up anything complicated? As I have stated in this thread, check out Halton's messes which survive on trainee's as the permanent staff won't use the dining room. People will vote with their feet, so watch this space as, in the future, the contractor dosen't find it cost effective to run three dining rooms and kitchens, therefore he centralises it and we all end up in a massive "Happy Eater". No privacy for the Seniors and Occifers and worst of all nowhere for the troops to get away from us. And no, I am not a caterer.