PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines/China Airlines F/O, (update)-Merged Twice!.
Old 30th Aug 2005, 04:48
JTF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAT IIIB- It's fairly easy to upgrade to captain at a "regional" airline in the US with as little as 2500 hours at some of the rapidly expanding companies. This is not really a good thing since the regionals are rapidly expanding and getting bigger and bigger equipment at relatively low pay while the major airlines are mostly getting smaller with flying replaced with 50, 70, and some 90 seat jets from the "regional" partners. This leads to less jobs on bigger, better paying equipment and many pilots likely being trapped at the regionals for their entire career.

Noflow- were you offered the interview without having a type rating in any of the equipment flown by China Airlines? I applied about a year and a half ago and was informed that a type rating in any of their fleet types was required for the interview. If they dropped this requirement I may reapply since my fiance is Taiwanese and would prefer to live there. I guess I'm willling to take a chance on poor conditions. I would suggest at least taking the free trip and checking out the area for your own enjoyment even if you don't really plan on accepting an offer. There are many interesting and beautiful places in Taiwan to see if you can swing a little extra time there.