PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2005, 03:15
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You fellas crack me up.

tinpis if that's the office where do I send my application for this Dicktatership thingummy.

Bongos?? our company imported the first three into Oz, I actually met Messrs Britten and Norman.
It was designed to replace that other Heath Robinson contraption called the Scottish Pioneer for the Scottish inter island services whose airports consisted mostly of the nearest beach at low tide.

One of them was VH-EQE which was the "factory" entry in a London to Sydney air race. If I recall correctly it won its section. It might have been the "Vickers Vimy Replica" one.

They were then perfect for the NW of Australia, I see one of them VH-RTP (RT* block was ours) is in FNQ, the other VH-RTV went to heaven in a NW Cyclone by flogging herself to death at the end of the tie down chains in Roebourne. Not surprising given the 110kt winds were beyond the normal crz speed.

Ya know you've got it right when one arrives at Marble Bar packed to the rafters with kilderkins of beer after the town has been cut off for weeks due to the wet and the WHOLE town, every man jack of them is there to meet it.

Cheers
Not a PNG Woomera