PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 29th Dec 2001, 01:34
Helinut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A number of UK pilots have gone and done the "cheap B206" flying around LA. I went a few years ago to Group 3 Aviation at Van Nuys. Basically, after a check out flight, you fly with a CPL who is doing some useful work - usually flying a traffic patrol for a radio station. You do all the stick time, and it is a good way of building experience on the JetRanger. If he is keen you will even get a chance to do some mountain flying practice. I was doing about 5 hrs per day, covering morning and evening rush "hours". My only reservation is that the good old CAA probably would not consider it to be PIC time for you, if they were to look at it closely. In the past, they have taken the view that the "other guy" is the PIC and (as far as the CAA are concerned) there can only be 1 PIC. I believe that other regulators take a different view. However, you could always do it and see if they noticed, but you should be aware of the risk?!