PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 29th Aug 2005, 03:59
Pro Golfer 69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I do agree with you about the cross crewing. A 3 day trip turned into a 9 day trip unplanned is undesirable at the best of times. It just shows you what a cock up this LHR base has been. I mean the Kangaroo route is an important one and these flights are leaving short crewed!

Back to the shuttle. Just looking at the crews on these patterns in the coming bid period. Some are definitely junior but some are also very senior. At the end of the day there are both seniors and juniors who don't want these shuttles and there are those that do! We all want different trips for different reasons, everybody's different in what they need whether it be financial or life style. I mean I get JNB, MNL, CGK and JNB dumped on my roster but I do them not like some people who get their roster and go ‘there’s a sick day, there’s a sick day and there’s a sick day’ then the poor crew on reserve get stuck doing them. A vote is the fairest way to decide and people will have to make choices based on the outcome, that’s the beauty of democracy

Last edited by Pro Golfer 69; 29th Aug 2005 at 06:06.