PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Franchise
Thread: BA Franchise
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2005, 02:06
rhythm method

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TLP and HS for God's sake, wise up and grow up...

My dad's bigger than yours, etc etc.

I could easily find out who the crew were in this incident. Who cares? Yes the majority of the incidents were by secondees, but as the majority of RJ crews probably are secondees, then that is to be expected.

I have to admit (bites tongue) but TLP is correct about the failure rate of BA cadet pilots on turboprop courses, but maybe that is because BA recruitment was looking for pilots who could fly jets, and didn't consider the possibility that they would have to learn their trade on arguably more complicated turboprop aircraft (don't know which side I am arguing in favour of here!).

As for the comments about TLP's comments on the other thread about TDLF's misfortunes... I, and many friends, have had our lives totally boll0xed by that inept @rsehole... but my Christian upbringing and my 'normal sense of humanity' would NEVER wish such misfortune on ANY other human being. While most of us could not abide the man, his misguided policies, or his tongue-in-the-brown sidekicks, I don't believe we would really echo TLP's sentiments.

TLP, however, is entitled to his views, and is entitled to air them on this public forum, in the same way that several outspoken mainline crews feel entitled to view their revulsion of us BACX crews, and their support of our poor treatment at the hands of mainline managers.

I hope I have portrayed a balanced viewpoint here for everyone else. While I know I have been sh@fted, I don't feel the need to attack 'ALL' of mainline. I have so many good friends in mainline, that it would be incorrect to tar all with the same brush.

Back to the original thread I think.