PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Woodvale
Thread: RAF Woodvale
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2005, 12:25
Speedtape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, it was definitely Woodvale, I've just checked back in Skylog. It was in a Pa28-161 in December. I was not imagining it. I was directed there by Warton after checking the Hawarden weather with them. They suggested I land at Woodvale because they had seen an aircraft in the circuit there (a Cessna if I remember correctly). Warton didn't think there was any ATC there as they had tried them on the landline but gave me the frequency to free call them which tied up with my flight guide and the runway (22)which the cessna had seemed to be using. I did not get any reply from either ATC nor the Cessna which by this time had departed. So using blind calls, I made an overhead join, approach, landed and taxied to nearby the tower. We wandered around looking for someone to talk to or a phone to use. The hangars I looked in had Bulldogs in them. I never said I went into the hangars, just looked through the gaps in the doors and there was definitely what appeared to be a club or as some have said, a private users section where there was a payphone but we used our mobiles anyway and when the vis improved at EGNR, launched off. In that time (approx 1h45 ) didn't see a soul.