PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 28th Aug 2005, 11:07
Guardian1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jetlagger

About the only sensible thing you have said is that i am learned.... i concur wholeheartedly.

But to be serious, i am not comparing it (the JFK dispensation) to a single sector. What you fail to appreciate is that there is no "science" to the 14 hours limitation. That is your first fundamental error. The 14 hour limit is a limit that was arrived at industrially many years ago, when aircraft did not have the flying capacity that they have now.

Your comment "Why is it illegal for the local carriers................?"
is irrelevant . We are an international carrier operating in US airspace.... regulations pertaining to domestic US limitations are of no significance or relevance to what we are discussing. It further demonstrates you do not even grasp the issue. The point is it is not illegal for International carriers to operate in the US in the manner provided for by the dispensation. If it was dangerous as you imply the US authorities would obviously not allow it....... nor would CASA for that matter.

You really lack any abilty to argue coherently or logically.

The dispensation is about doing on average 1 hour more than what our EBA provides and thereby protecting our flying and our job security. SURELY EVEN YOU MUST BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT!

Then again, you say to me "your abuse is like water off a ducks back." Well im not abusing you, but my comments to you probably roll off your back because you obviously do have the mental capacity of a mallard duck.