PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obnoxious PAXs
Thread: Obnoxious PAXs
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2005, 14:16
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some really well said stuff here... top thread!

The part about making one person vs many unhappy is SO true!! I will have to remember that one for next time someone gets in my face...

At my airline, we too have a "doors closed, no boarding" policy. Generally, once the flight has boarded and the gate agent has closed the lounge door, it's a no-go, however if the flight is early, and the captain agrees, (and of course if the person is really nice about it) then they may get let on... but ONLY if they don't kick up.... many a time, an irate pax as demanded to be let on, and that we ask the crew, so I dutifully got to the office, call them and ask, (while informing them what a Sh*t the person is being (if they are), and the crew generally give us a "sorry, but no...." )

If the person is genuinely nice and had a good reason for being late (i.e., not in the bar or duty free...) then we'll try our best to help, if we can....

My favourite pax lines:

On asking for all luggage on the scale, pax clutches massive backpack/laptop bag/handbag: "oh, but I'm carrying it on with me"

Um, just because you carry it doesn't mean it weighs any less!!

Also, the ones who come to check-in, and on asking them if they have any luggage "oh yes, but it's in the car, I was going to go get it afterwards."

Um, no. And sorry, I can't hold your place in line, you'll just hold up the other 45 people behind you.

The classic though, on pre-boarding a pax requiring a wheelchair, I overheard a lady give a loud sigh and mutter to her travelling companion that why couldn't she go on first..? end of my tether on a long, trying day, smiled sweetly and said, 'because you are fortunate to be able to walk onboard." Didn't hear another word from her!!

Of course, I really do appreciate the pax who are well-mannered, actually LISTEN to what we are saying, ask if they are unsure about anything, and who understand that no, I do not control the weather, and no, I am not ATC who can bump their flight to the front of the queue!!!!