PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British v American approach to flying
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2002, 20:48
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTD above seems to say, at least to me, that in the states We dont take things too seriously. Also that weather and extremes are very serious in Canada. So should that make getting the license more difficult?? I dont think so. The license itself does not mean that I as a pilot will go out to do sling loads on Mt Whitney or just hop in any Helo to deliver an Air Condiotner to the top of a 30 story building. It means I am a Commercial Helicopter Pilot with the ability to safely fly a Helicopter AND if I want to do those specialties, I will be checked out proficiently in those procedures before any Company will turn me loose.. .I would never consider flying into the NWT in winter unless I was with someone who had been there and knew the area and the hazards involved..... Maybe thats the difference in our licenses. Canada and the UK have to have it all stamped on the license with many written exams and rides.. I just have a simple little FAA card and hopefully the brains to know when and where I can use it.