PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHINOOK OUTCOME
Thread: CHINOOK OUTCOME
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2002, 19:56
pulse1

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
vfr,

I know what you mean. I suppose that, because I was following the thread as it happened, it was easier to understand although I got a bit lost when they were arguing about a thing called the Supertans. However, as it was planned as a VFR flight the airmanship arguments are fairly straightforward and very interesting.

I started following the thread from the outset with an open mind. As the arguments developed, sometimes due to my own questions, I became determined to do anything I could to help undo the verdict of gross negligence.

I often wonder what contribution pprune has made to this by providing a public forum for debate and lobbying amongst aviation minded folk. I wonder if Wratten and Day might have been a bit more careful if they had known that such a powerful facility would have been available at the time they made their fateful decisions. They might also have been a bit more circumspect if they had known that John Major's government was going to release the BoE report to the parents.