PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Daily Telegraph: 'Pilots 'under pressure to take risks'
Old 26th Aug 2005, 14:59
Shaggy Sheep Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David Learmount seems to me to try damn hard to get close to the truth but in so doing he is sometimes very wide of the mark. And herein lies the problem. It is highly frustrating for those who know what the real problems in the cockpit to hear them misrepresented - hence the angst on these pages.

I'll bet that David Learmount (thoroughly decent chap that he is) actually doesn't have the confidence of a single line captain.
So if you want to get your message across, but don't want to risk upsetting your employer, why not confide, anonomously, in David Learmount or his equivalent? It is in just this situation that a journalist (and no, I'm not one) can be of use to the industry.

If your concerns are genuine, and not just moans about cr@p management and pressures of the job (these, of course, exist in all walks of life) I'd think David would be only too glad to investigate, and if substantiated, publish. Especially if there are safety issues involved.

SSD