PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 26th Aug 2005, 14:30
sukigirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
virgin crew pay ballott have you had enough

Hi there i just have something i would like to say to people who think we should just lump it or leave because other people would like our job, its a great lifestyle etc.. While i agree with some of it and i think its great to think positively and look at the brighter side, i think i speak for most of us when i say all we want is to be treated fairly.
Its wrong for a company to say that we are lucky to be here, plenty of other people want our job so much so they will pay us a low salary for the privilege. The company will eventually suffer for this though im sure as an influx of new inexperienced crew and the dissaperance of loyal crew will gradually affect customer service, as im sure we have all seen.
Now my real beef with virgin is how do they justify paying £26,000 per annum to service trainers when they pay an Flight service manager who is in charge of up to 18 crew and 380 pax on each flight £4,000 less? Service trainers dont work weekends, bank holidays, nights, christmas or new year, we as crew work all of these. As a junior or senior our salary is less than HALF of a service trainers salary and we are the ones out there in the job role. I am not saying i have a problem with trainers being payed more than a senior or junior but i have a problem with them being paid £14,000 - £16,000 more than us per annum. So next time they say there is no money in the company but they do value cabin crew, i think we should remember that there are job roles in this company which virgin seem to think are more deserving of better pay. i wouldnt normally agree with crippling a company by striking but it may be the only way to make them see it will be hard to run an airline without crew therefore we are important.