PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS September Starters
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2005, 13:07
Bombay Vindaloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everybody, I too am on the September course (all being well!)

I had a call from NATS HR today to ask if I wanted to join the 26/09 course. Provisionally I had been on this course anyway, but then I was put back to December, and now brought forward to September again!!

Regarding the medical, I too have experienced delays in being cleared. My chest x-ray report went missing between the hospital and the medical dept., but with a few phone calls to HR, the Med Dept and the hospital, I managed to get it sorted fairly painlessly. I still haven't received my certificate though, but HR tell me that all is well because the info has been sent to them now.

A bit about myself then - I am 26, currently living in Bedfordshire. Spent 6 dull years in financial services (pensions to be exact), before finally applying to NATS last year. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a month's time!

As for accommodation, I have read mixed opinions on PPRUNE. Many people suggest B&B's rather than fixed term rentals due to the unpredictablility of the course, but I am considering a house share as this seems to be pretty flexible for not much money. If anyone else is considering this, try http://uk.easyroommate.com.

See you all soon!

PS I used to live in Lancashire - seems to be a few from the NW!