PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 26th Aug 2005, 01:51
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jamie,
A type rating is not really a prerequesit for finishing your qualifications and never will be. More than likely after completing your training and get some experience, this should be eoungh to elevate you in the indiviual airline recruiters or human rescources eyes.

I didnt see this and though with qualifications I may be able to pick up a job and infact I was 9/10ths of the way there but missed out. Since then I have struggled to get any interviews and most of replies run along the lines of " sorry Sir, but our minimum requirements are 500hours on type" and this fact is all they are interested in. Not the fact that I have 5500tt plus 3000Hours Multi Turbo Prop Command, 4 ATPLS and a multitude of international experience.

So in short I dont recommend it. But its a personal decision. I know of many sucess stories , but there are just as many if not more unsuceesfull.

I dont fully belive Im unsucessfull and will continue to apply for positions for that one off chance I get an interview and maybe a start. The first 500hours is the toughest.

If you do consider doing it ensure you have a job to go to and have it in writing. I was 37 and had nothing to lose at the time.

Sheep

Im still 37