PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrying Celebrities
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2005, 00:59
Winfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great topic for my first post!
I was always surprised that the "Truly Great" really are just that. I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours chatting to Mel Gibson, who actually attended (and remembered) school with a couple of my friends in Sydney.

John Farnham who came on board in LAX and remembered that I had driven him (in a former job as Hire Car Driver) some 15 years before, he dragged a box of Laserdisks into the galley and we talked movies for about three hours on the LAX/SYD non-stop, one of the nicest people in the business.

Kevin Bacon, another absolute charmer who even posed for photos.

Dame Joan Sutherland, who yelled my name at the top of her voice when she spotted me, I had also driven her on a number of occasions and she didn't know that I had become Cabin Crew. She was an absolute hoot at all times.

Anthony La Paglia, another quiet modest down to earth person.

The Divine Miss "M", who dragged crew to the upstairs lounge, when QF still had one on the 200 series 747 and quizzed them on Australian vernacular. Then used it in her shows in Oz, e.g. "She bangs like a dunny door in a gale"!

Dozens of others equally as nice and then there were "The Others", people that you wouldn't feed if you didn't have to.
Boris Becker, Andrew Peacock, Pat Cash, Joan Collins, Diana Ross, Elle McPherson as others have noted , (who the Hell does she think she is?) the whole "I only speak French" thing is so....lame., Alan Jones (ex F1 driver).

I wonder if anyone has actully succumbed to the urge to slap some of these really nasty people?