PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Training
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 21:10
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey OzFlyboy!

Hmm I wonder if I know you - I probably do - I just dont know you by your Pprune name.....

Any word yet on the succesful candidates?

Training has moved since we did ours. When we trained, it was all done at the Virgin Flight Centre in Horley, which is about 5 minutes from Gatwick airport. The flight centre has since been closed down and all functions moved to The Base at Manor Royal (I think its there? Oh and Manor Royal is a place by the way, not a castle like I thought when I first heard of it!!! ). This too is about 5 minutes from Gatwick airport, however it may prove a little more difficult to find accomodation within walking distance of the training school (this is of course providing training is done there - I am pretty sure it is!)

I recommend you move into a Bed & Breakfast when you first get here, somewhere close to training. That way you wont have to buggerise about commuting long distances to and from training, and it gives you at least a few weeks to settle in and decide where you want to live etc.

Any succesful candidates looking for info feel free to PM me and I will forward on as much as I can for you.....