PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 19:02
T1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello solo

RFC the place to be.

I did the Riverside/Exeter route this year, got out to Tulsa at the end of Feb with Hawaiian shirts and shorts. It was snowing. Damn. However, in a matter of days back to blue sky and sunshine, and kept getting hotter and hotter until I left mid April. Weather changes quick in the great plains, only stop to the flying was a huge thunderstorm that got all the brits out with their cameras trying to spot a twister.

Houses are fine, air con/kitchen/laudrette/gym. I cycled in 30 mins to the airport most days or got picked up in the mornings by your very own instructor or the boss himself, who's very good at gymnastics. Quiet area in lodge-like appartments

Had great fun doing my FAA PPL(ME),CPL/IR quick in 7 weeks.

Sorted out a CDL back in the UK before converting to a JAR licence at Exeter, took me 6 weeks. However, I had a vital piece of paperwork missing. A friend got it within a month.

Tulsa 'rocks'. Can hire cars ridiculously cheap, some guys paid a few dollars more to get a pick up to cruise around in and relax. Whatever route you choose good luck and enjoy your stay(?) in Oklahoma.

Knives, and stabbing weapons.