PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 17:29
WATABENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good points well made by Windsheer, but I dont think that genrally CWL staff are friendlier than BRS staff, I've worked in CWL a few times and yes most people I met are nice, but then most people I work with in BRS with are friendly too, now if you were to say the Totty content in CWL rates higher per 10 pax service agents then i'm intent on agreeing with you! but I'm still not buying that if BRS had a longer runway airlines would choose CWL over BRS, C'mon does anyone but Windsheer really believe that? You cant tell me that if BRS's runway was the same length as CWL that no operators would want to do long haul because it's sat on top of a hill in Somerset, and gets a bit foggy now and again!

In response to LGS6753 I would say yes to both questions.

1. There are large asian communities in many Wales/West country cities, Cardiff, Gloucester, Swindon, Yeovil, and Bristol all have very large communities.

2. As most people that post on here are aware the South west of England is the most prosperous area of the UK outside of London, so disposable income is not a problem either

Theres definatley a market here whether it goes out of BRS or CWL!