PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 14:42
WindSheer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say, and I will sound completely biast!

There seems to be a big thing on the CWL/BRS rivalry at the moment!! Having worked at and travelled out of both - it would have to be CWL every time for me, the friendliness and attitude in Cardiff knocks BRS to the bottom of the league (and Watabench will probably even swallow himself and admit that!).
Go on mate, you can do it

As far as the EK thing is concerned, would they neccesarily choose BRS over CWL if the runway was adequate - there is probably more in it than that. Cardiff has been operating a Toronto now for quite a few years (do-able from Brs), with Travel City filling a 747 to Orlando every week. Again would they choose BRS if the runway was long enough - me thinks not.
Some airlines are starting to realise that if flights are available from CWL, they will sell, regardless of what is at BRS. The good old welsh Chav's will choose their native soil every time!!! !!! !!!

I am certainly not digging the good old Bristolians, and I hope that runway gets extended in years to come so that Long haul can start, and bring plenty of jobs for us Welsh to come over and nab!!

Cheers all, Bring it on then........