PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 13:46
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moaning is an art form, or what?

Dear Igor,

If I were based elsewhere I would be moaning about that, but Nigeria is the only place I know. I have been moaning about that for more than 20 years now.

The lights go out and we moan because it is dark. Then the generator starts and we moan about the noise.

We run out of beer and moan about being thirsty. Then we get a fresh supply and moan because it isn't our favorite brand.

We went from 8 & 4 to 7 & 5 and people were moaning about having to find ways of staying out of the UK because of the tax, as if no-one had ever heard of overseas holidays for extra leave.

I used to run the Chop Fund, when people would complain (really!) because the food didn't taste good and the portions were too small. Or pilots would complain because they couldn't get a refund for meals not taken when they were on trips and being fed for free.

When we were busy people would moan about overwork. Then it got slow and people would moan about being bored. Then they got laid off, exiting still moaning...

People moan about being lonesome until they get a local girl-friend, when they really moan about being taken to the cleaners by someone who '...said she lurved me!'

The best one was coming back all bedraggled and sweaty after a hard day of flying a Twin Otter (average cockpit temperature 35°) to find a Glass Cockpit Commando moaning in the bar about the crap air conditioning in his Dornier 328: 'It must have got up to 28° in there!'

I suspect one reason I like to stay in Nigeria is that I always have something to moan about.

I can hardly wait to get to the age when I can buttonhole some young person to tell them about my sciatica, lumbago, festering warts or whatever. Then, finally, I will not need Nigeria any more.

Right now I cannot make up my mind whether to have a good moan about having to go back to work in about ten days, or else moan about probably losing my job soon. Well, I guess I should moan about the one and then moan about the other. It is probably best to pace yourself, eh?

And all you have to moan about, Dear Igor, is people based in Nigeria hi-jacking this thread? Man! You are obviously a complete beginner when it comes to the moaning game! You need to find something better than that to moan about. Notice how I manage to moan about the low quality of your moaning; now that is the difference between art and, uh, moaning.... Or not, as the case may be.

Of course, at the end of the day, I can moan, but at least I don't have to fly a helicopter for a living. The last time I tried everyone agreed with me that that was a very good thing. How was I supposed to know what was going to happen when I pulled real hard on the stick over there to the left? I thought it made the damn thing go faster, when all it did was go up. Sikorsky should put warning labels on things like that. Oops, there I go, moaning again!