PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGLL problems
Thread: EGLL problems
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 13:02
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bexil160

So, if it has been completely rewritten there will be no lines of 1960s vintage 9020D in it at all? True or false?
Uuummm, its not used that code since about 1990 when the processors changed from IBM360's to IBM370's.

I also note no one has yet answered the question:why would the world's best system need to be shut down once a week?
Clearing memory leakage is one answer. Also there are changes which need to be done. If you look at NAS UK Wide and not just from a LACC Centric viewpoint there are a lot of changes which go on and that don't involve LACC but have to be made in and to NAS.

NOTHING has been done to sort this PROBLEM out. Why not? Why are we still stuck with the WORST DD&C option?
Which 'problem'? NAS has nothing to do with DD&C's, you don't do a DD&C for a NAS shutdown. DD&C's are performed the way they are for a variety of historic reasons and there is no possibility of changing the way its done now. I have to ask if its really such a 'problem'? Some people on some watches have still never been involved in one. When they occur it lasts for about 4 hours and each watch could expect to do 2 or 3 a year, only at night and only when traffic levels have been reduced.

I cannot answer on behalf of management except to say
BTW has anyone EVER seen a NATS manager being suspended and offered re-training (community service)? No, thought not.
Dr Rob Witty got fired very recently and other managers are being 'motivated' to avoid getting any 'personal coaching' from the Red Barron.

BD