PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modern Training erroding pilot skills
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 07:13
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
Regarding CpilotUKs post and quote from the training organisation.

Can anyone explain how an airline pilot can meaningfully exceed the expectations of the customers -ie the SLF-a position I do feel qualified to comment upon.

My expectations are that the people up front are competent and professionally trained and that they give me a safe comfortable ride. As I like aircraft a few informative words about the route and flight are always nice too-but how does any of this exceed customers expectations.

Does anyone seriously get on a plane with low expectations of the flight crews competence ?

Would I be comfortable witha voice from the flight deck saying - "Well folks LHR has 60kt crosswinds and everyone else has diverted but here at KrazeeAir we are going to get you down anyway-we aim to exceed your expecations"

These sorts of phrases and statements are dreamt up at weekend or evening Management Seminars -the objective being to come up with something that sounds or looks good litle thought being given to its relevance or practicality.

Perhaps someone should start a parallel thread on dangers posed by falling management standards-that might be nearer the mark. Case study One-British Airways-"I have a good idea boss -lets outsource the catering"

PB