PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2005, 06:50
yourarm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearing the interviews

Hi guys,
Stuff that they ask for ur first interview is basic technical qs such as how does the a/c fly?? (hint: talk abt aerofoil and bernoullis theorem...and engine and thrust, you gotta know how the turbofan engine works). They asked me about recent events that were happening with SIA. They asked me to talk abt myself. The 2nd session if u pass the first interview above is a 2 1/2 hr Aptitude test where they test ur Iq, aptitude and psychomotor skills. The 2nd interview is usually on the next day and here u arrive in the morning and u will be asked to do a group project. They are basically looking to see if you can work well in a team and as a leader. My suggestion is to ask everyones opinion before u carry out a task. Last is an interview with a panel and the size of the panel can vary. Here they basically might ask you the same qs they asked in the first interview. So read up abt the Airline and its history..its fleet size....this interview is held to see how confident you are and how u react to a situation. Be cool is my advice.( Another hint is to guys with flyin experience, dont think they might not ask u abt flying. they will ask you abt flying so please read thru ur last airplanes frc..procedures...checks...everything..better to be prepared than not) Lastly we end of with a tea party and eventhough this is an informal event please be vary because the panel are still looking at you watching you and the way u behave. I hope this is of help to u guys who will be going for future interviews. cheers.