PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 25th Aug 2005, 02:54
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guardian1: thank you for a couple of great posts. We need more posts like yours which are factual and tell it like it is.

FlyinAround: you're not speaking using logic, but emotion. I understand it must be frustrating for you, but as previously mentioned, the FAAA can only do so much - they are not miracle workers and they do not run the company. Personally, I think you're lucky you're getting as much support as you are. My understanding is that your base is very weak and many of you would not have supported the union and your fellow crew if we had taken industial action last year. You are the ones who would have let us down, and a lot of it is to do with your poor-cousin-to-the-eastern-states attitude. Perth crew: "London Base, who cares? WE don't fly there anyway!" Stop complaining.

Jet_Black_Monaro (a westie?): you're not a QF employee and you have nothing useful to offer this forum. Every post of yours is critical, negative and spiteful. You don't even understand many of our issues or the way the the majority of QF crew feel. I assure you, nearly all QF longhaul crew are against the LHR base (though not necessarily the people in the base). As has been pointed out to you numerous times, the EBA does not support a LHR base, it merely provides a cap on the number of overseas based crew. The union realised it would be virtually impossible to attempt to stop the base. A shame, large-scale industial action could have been interesting

Anyway, JBM, go and start your own Virgin Blue thread. Nobody loves you here.