PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 25th Aug 2005, 00:18
ask26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a thread!! I too am totally unsure about the difference between the courses.

In terms of modular, I was thinking maybe Riverside all-in package in 46 weeks (including fees, food and accom) - works out to £31000 with 195hrs (100twin - is that useful???) and do the GS at home with the odd hour building in the UK to keep ticking over.

Then do the MCC and JOC at OAT or maybe the Airline Bridge Course at Jerez.

I agree with many posts that it's horses for courses, but for me I'd like to be flying outside Europe asap as one of my main motivations for flying is the chance to travel to far-flung destinations so the faster I can get into an airline that allows that the better.

Hmm, that doesn't really help me much does it? Am at the penultimate stage for OAT, Jerez and WAAC so a bit confuzzled and I get the feeling it will be a case of making a choice and sticking to it, just making sure that you nag airlines whichever route you go.

The one thing is favour perhaps is that in modular you have to go looking whereas integrated they don't necessarily come looking but they at least will have heard of the school and some airlines do look to sponsor/keep close tabs on the recruits going through their schools so you are more in the wannabees loop?